Its 5pm in the evening and you are hungry. The fridge is stocked with some pizza, cheese and leftovers of the party last night. You are tempted to reach in and take a small(?) bite.
Things have changed since the last time you have visited my blog. You have chosen to eat a natural, and well balanced diet. What can you make, that is quick, natural and healthy and most importantly, a tasty snack.
Try this for a change. ‘Dahi pohe’ or ‘Puffed rice with Curd’. This is a low calorie (140 kcal approx) snack that you can have for breakfast or as evening snack. If you are not from Asia, you can get Puffed rice from any Asian/Indian/Pakistani store, in your vicinity.
- 1 cup ‘Pohe’ (Puffed rice)
- 2 tbsp ‘Dahi’ (Curd / Yogurt)
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp ‘Mohri’ (Mustard)
- ½ tsp ‘Rai’, (Cumin seeds)
- 1 ‘Hirvi Mirchi’ (Green chilly) finely chopped
- 7-8 ‘Kadi patta’ (Curry leaves)
- Salt, as per taste
For Garnish / Seasoning
- ‘Kothimbir’ (Coriander leaves)
- Tomato diced
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate seeds
- Wash Poha (Puffed rice) and allow the water to drain away.
- Take small ‘tadka’ (fry) pan , add 1 tsp of oil in it. Put Mustard, Cumin and then put green Chilly and Curry leaves.
- Pour this on soaked ‘Poha’
- Add ‘Dahi’ (Curd) and sprinkle some salt as per taste and mix slowly
- Garnish with ‘Kothimbir’ (Coriander leaves), Pomegranate seeds and diced Tomato,
- Serve with any veg raita or eat as it is.
Enjoy this wonderful dish! I love it, you will like it too. If you do make this dish at home, Pls LIKE this post or comment accordingly. Your appreciation drives us to do better.